It is that time again! Colorado has been experiencing record high Spring temperatures, and that means another Summer is right around the corner. Get an early jump on having your air conditioner maintenanced before peak times and heat arrive. The importance of a Spring cleaning can save you money on your cooling bill, give you the comfort of staying cool, and prolong the life of your air conditioner. What great reasons to call Ace Hi Plumbing and prevent any A/C Summer mishaps! Energy Star recommends A/C maintenance include the following:
- Check thermostat settings to ensure the cooling and heating system keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors. Faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of major components.
- Lubricate all moving parts. Parts that lack lubrication cause friction in motors and increases the amount of electricity you use.
- Check and inspect the condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump (when in cooling mode). A clogged drain can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation. Check the starting cycle of the equipment to assure the system starts, operates, and shuts off properly.
- Clean evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils. Dirty coils reduce the system’s ability to cool your home and cause the system to run longer, increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment.