The dreaded scenario has happened! That old water heater has finally taken its last breath and died right in the middle of your morning shower.We can certainly offer water heater repair service, but it may be time to consider getting a new water heater to last you long term. So, where do you even start when selecting your new heater? The answer to that question is simple because it starts with you and your individual needs.To help you narrow it down, there are a few things to consider first. What fuel type or energy source you will be using since this is what affects the costs of operation. Next, what size of water heater will you need for your family to avoid cold water? Basically, think about how much water you go through daily to live comfortably. To save you money and help the environment look at the energy efficiency ratings. Finally, estimate the annual costs of other models before making your purchase.
After you have done the steps listed above now it is time to review what types of water heaters there are to choose from.
- Conventional storage water heaters offer a storage tank of hot water
- Tankless or demand-type water heaters heat water directly without the use of a storage tank
- Heat pump water heaters move the heat from one place to another instead of generating heat directly for providing hot water
- Solar water heaters use the sun’s heat to provide hot water
- Tankless coil and indirect water heaters use a home’s space heating system to heat water
Now you can feel comfortable making an informed decision!